COVID-19 Additional Guidelines and Protocols
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have taken further precautions in the clinic by instituting additional guidelines and protocols to ensure the safety of you and our staff.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures, from common touch points around the clinic, to treatment rooms and equipment.
- We have installed a clear plastic barrier at our reception desk.
- We have eliminated our waiting area.
- All of our Staff will be wearing masks. Should your treatment require close face to face contact, your Physiotherapist may choose to use a visor.
- We ask our clients to bring a mask to wear in our office.
- We have well marked hand sanitizer stations throughout the clinic, as well as bathrooms available for hand washing.
- We ask that you do not bring any guests to your appointment, unless an extenuating circumstance arises. If that is the case, please notify our office in advance of your appointment.
Booking Your Appointment:
- You will notice some changes when it is time to schedule your next appointment.
- Appointment bookings will be managed to allow for social distancing between clients. That may mean that fewer options will be available when scheduling your appointment.
- When you call to book your appointment, our office will ask you a few brief questions related to COVID -19 exposure and symptoms. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at our office for your scheduled appointment. The 3 questions are:
- Have you travelled outside of Canada, or by plane within Canada in the last 14 days or spent time with someone who has?
- Have you had close contact with, or, cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
- If yes, to any of these above questions, have you been tested for COVID-19? Were you positive, negative, or results are still pending?
- If you have answered YES, to any of the above questions, and/or a POSITIVE or NO RESULTS COVID-19 test, then unfortunately we are unable to engage in an in-clinic assessment/treatment at McCallum Physiotherapy at this time. We will be happy to do a tele-health session if you so wish or until the 3 questions above are NO.
Upon Arrival For Your Appointment:
- Please only enter the clinic at your scheduled appointment time. To adhere to social distancing, we no longer have a waiting area.
- To manage the flow of clients in and out of the clinic, we are asking that our clients complete the following upon arrival as you will be exiting the clinic through an alternate exit:
- Wash your hands in our client bathroom or sanitize your hands with the available sanitizer at the front desk upon entering;
- Check-in with our receptionist;
- Pay for your current appointment; and
- Book your next appointment as needed. If you are unsure of when to schedule your next appointment, feel free to call us after your appointment and discussion with your Physiotherapist or Kinesiologist
- You will then be designated a room number and can go straight into that room/gym to wait for your Physiotherapist or Kinesiologist.
Upon Completion Of Your Appointment
- Please wash or sanitize your hands and exit the clinic from the designated door identified to you by your Physiotherapist or Kinesiologist.
We welcome any questions you may have regarding these guidelines and protocols and we look forward to seeing you soon. We will try our best to ensure your safety while still receiving the care you need.